Wednesday, August 20, 2014

The End of Summer Already?!

This has been a whirlwind of a summer!  With sending a freshman off to college, several trips to campus and transitioning to empty nesters, this summer has been a bittersweet, fun and exciting time!  I can't believe Labor Day is just around the corner which for me signals the end of summer sewing-- boo hoo!

I enjoy sewing summer clothes. Short sleeves, or in many cases, sleeveless tops and dresses in ITY knits are my garments of choice.  Why?  Because they are quick to sew, knits are more forgiving where fitting is involved, and I am still somewhat intimidated by altering sleeves to fit my full arms.

So here is the garment I am planning for my August MAGAM Challenge.
With the end of the month quickly approaching, I need to take a short break from college quilt sewing to work on McCall's 6559.  The plan is to have it done in time to wear it to the local sewing meetup this Saturday.  Since I work full time that means only three evenings left to get it done.

Time to get busy!

Until next time...Sew something you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment!